ATHENSWAS AT A GLANCE
ANEMI HOTELS is delighted to present the group’s newest luxury design hotel AthensWas which opens its doors with a specific aim: to make AthensWas the hotel of choice for travellers visiting Athens for business or pleasure, and to make their stay with us a singularly luxurious and pleasurable experience.
- AthensWas was created to delight visitors who want to experience Athens' tranquil, attractive side, in what has been the heart of the city since ancient times.
- AthensWas is a hotel which literally lives in the city’s history and enjoys it with an “epicurean composure” all of its own. But the hotel is also representative of the most contemporary and international side of the Greek capital, which looks ahead to the future with unbridled optimism.
- AthensWas is a Design HotelTM and it is designed in line with the core principles of classical modernism. The aesthetic of its rooms and communal spaces is defined by clean, uncluttered lines and natural materials—chiefly Greek marble and wood. Still, it leaves the eye with an impression which dances clear of the pretentious, gracing the luxury with delightfully deft touches which can often be described as playful. The end result is warm spaces in which the visitor feels utterly at home from the moment they walk through the door—the best possible recipe for a calm and restful stay.
- Every room has a veranda from which our guests can enjoy one of the most wonderful aspects of Athenian life: the pleasure of relaxing outdoors.
- AthensWas has a rooftop bar which enjoys an amazing panoramic view of the Acropolis, Lycabettus and the city as a whole, from the mountains that define its eastern and western boundaries, to the northern horizon and the sea to the south.
- Finally, the MODERN restaurant – the AthensWas restaurant – proposes a different, refreshing and light approach to Greek cuisine, which endeavours to provide novel and unforgettable gastronomic experiences.
In Athens, you can sit outside and enjoy a moment’s peace and relaxation whenever the sun is shining -and it usually is- even in the heart of winter. In the summer, in particular, it can seem as though every Athenian household has moved out onto its balcony; it is truly one of the greatest benefits of living in the city. That is why all the rooms at the AthensWas have their own outdoor spaces, which allow our guests to enjoy this aspect of